Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington, Inc.
P.O. Box 1614
Rockville, Maryland 20849-1614
Board of Directors - Elected
use our convenient:
Check Event Calendar for Meeting Location
Maryland Meeting Locations
B'nai Israel Congregation
6301 Montrose Road
Rockville, MD 20852
From the Beltway (I-495):
Take I-270 North; stay right to "LOCAL EXITS". Take Montrose Road East towards Rockville. Stay on Montrose Rd. (bearing left) at split with Montrose Parkway. B'nai Israel is about one mile ahead on the left, at 6301 Montrose Rd.
From Route 355 (Rockville Pike and Wisconsin Avenue):
- From northbound Rockville Pike (Route 355): Instead of making a left onto Montrose Road, use the new exit ramp to Montrose Parkway. At the bottom of the ramp make a left at the new signal onto westbound Montrose Parkway. Make an immediate right onto “old” Old Georgetown Road. Turn left onto Montrose Road. Continue on Montrose to B'nai Israel.
- From westbound Randolph Road (across Rockville Pike (Route 355): You can no longer just continue from Randolph Road, across Rockville Pike onto Montrose Road. From Randolph Road follow westbound Montrose Parkway (which connects to Randolph near Maple and Chapman Avenues). Make an immediate right onto "old" Old Georgetown Road. Turn left onto Montrose Road. Continue on Montrose to B'nai Israel.
- From southbound Rockville Pike (Route 355): This intersection has changed too. Make a right thurn onto Towne Road which is just south of Bau Avenue from the extreme right lane. At the next traffic light, make a right turn onto Montrose Road. Continue on Montrose to B'nai Israel which is just beyond the East Jefferson Street intersection/traffic light on the right.
Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington (AKA Bender Jewish Community Center)
6125 Montrose Road
Rockville, MD 2085
Potomac Community Center
11315 Falls Road
There is ample parking.
- From Rockville/ Bethesda:
From MD 355 turn west onto Old Georgetown Road. Make a right onto Democracy Blvd. and Continue west past Montgomery Mall. Turn right onto Falls Road (MD 189). The Potomac Community Center will be on your right, after the Bells Mill Rd traffic light.
- From Washington, DC:
Massachusetts Avenue to Goldsboro Road. Make a right. At the intersection with River Road, make a left and continue on River to I 495 North. Get into left lanes towards I-270. Exit at Democracy Blvd. Continue west past Montgomery Mall. Turn right onto Falls Road (MD 189). The Potomac Community Center will be on your right, after the Bells Mill Rd traffic light.
- From Baltimore:
South on I 695 South to I-95. At exit 27, go west on I-495 (Capital Beltway). At exit 35, go north on I-270 (towards Fredrick). At exit 4 take ramp to Montrose Rd – WEST. Go 2.3 miles and turn left on Falls Road. (MD 189). Drive 1.4 miles. The Potomac Community Center will be on your left.
- From Virginia:
Go North East on I-495 (Capital Beltway). Enter Maryland and follow signs to I-270 North. Exit at Democracy Blvd. Continue west past Montgomery Mall. Turn right on Falls Road (MD 189). The Potomac Community Center will be on your right, after the Bells Mill Rd traffic light.
Virginia Meeting Locations
Beth El Hebrew Congregation
3830 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
- Take I-395 to the Seminary Road East exit and follow it past Alexandria Hospital, which is on the right. The Synagogue is also on the right about 3 blocks past the hospital.
District of Columbia Meeting Locations
(Various locations, to be announced.)